Welcome to Our New Cooking Page.
We have been trying out recipies in September & October.
Here are a few for you to try at home!
FRESH FRUIT SALAD!
125ml apple or orange juice
2 tablespoons runny honey
250ml plain yogurt
Try some of these fruits:Apples, Berries, Grapes, Strawberries, Oranges, Kiwi fruits, Plums ....
Chop and mix the fruit with the apple or orange juice! Serve with yogurt and honey dressing!
The Slide Show Leads the Way!
(Click on the first picture to run the slide show)
French Toast Recipe-
This week we made French toast. It was a very simple and tasty dish to make. We hope you enjoy this weeks recipe.
½ loaf white sliced pan bread
Salt & pepper
Honey & Jam to serve
1. Break the eggs and add them to a large bowl. Whisk the eggs together. Season this mixture with salt and pepper to your taste.
2. With a sharp knife, half one slice of bread. You may also use a shape cutter to cut out the bread also.
3. Place your frying pan on a cooking ring and warm it up on a medium heat (Mark 3-
4. Dip the bread into the egg mixture lightly, then on the other side.
5. Place the dipped bread onto the frying pan and fry on each side for 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Serve with jam or honey for a little sweet treat!
Middle Eastern Falafels-
This week, we made falafels. Falafel is a light snack from the Middle East made mainly from chickpeas. They were extremely easy to prepare and cook as well as delicious to taste. We hope you enjoy our falafel recipe.
400g drained chickpeas Sharp Knife
½ onion Chopping Board
200g Flour Food Processor
1 garlic clove Frying Pan
1 tsp Cumin Spatula
1 tsp Coriander
Salt & Pepper
1. Finely chop the onion, garlic and parsley.
2. Add the flour, cumin, coriander, onion, garlic, parsley and chickpeas to the food processor. Add salt and pepper to season the mixture.
3. Blend these ingredients until smooth.
4. Lightly dust a surface with flour.
5. Next, spoon your falafel mixture onto the dusted surface. Shape the mixture into individual falafel patties.
6. Heat the frying pan on a cooking ring and add a small amount of sunflower oil.
7. Place your falafel patties (3-
8. Cook each falafel for 3 minutes on each side or until they have turned golden brown.
9. You may serve in a pitta bread or with a light salad.
Dips and Dippers!
Drain and rinse a 400g can of chickpeas into a food processor.
Add 2 crushed cloves of garlic,
the juice of a lemon, 3 tablespoons of oil,
a pinch of salt and a pinch of paprika.
Blend until smooth!
Serve with chopped vegetables and breadsticks!
We enjoyed it!
As a surprise afterwards! We lit candles in fairycakes to celebrate the birthdays of some of our team members! Happy Birthday Guys!